1. Where can I find a timeline of important dates?
A full timeline of program proposal submissions dates and deadlines can be found in the Program Information Packet.
2. Important dates to remember Updated Dates
(dates are subject to change)
- Submission site opens: August 8, 2022
- Submission site closes: September 16, 2022
- Jury reviews open: October 3, 2022
- Jury reviews close: November 1, 2022
- Final decisions announced: December 2022
- Preliminary Scheduler opens: January 23, 2023
- Full Scheduler opens: April 26, 2023
3. What are the submission requirements?
The requirements vary by division, but all include:
- submission title
- submission unit
- submission description
- proposal subject and audience information
- learning objectives
- program room logistical requirements
Please note: All submissions require a minimum of one contact person, one speaker, and one moderator. (Final names of speakers and moderators are not required at the time of submission but are recommended). For more detail, please review the Program Information Packet.
4. Is there a rubric with criteria on how proposals will be scored?
Yes, please review the Proposal Review Guidelines Rubric. It describes the criteria required to receive a high proposal-submission score. Carefully review the rubric and keep it available for reference when creating your proposal. Jury members will use the rubric to review proposals and score submissions.
5. Do you offer any tips for writing a program proposal?
Yes, please review Tips for Submitting a Program Proposal.
6. How long are education program sessions at ALA Annual?
All education programs are 60 minutes in length and may include 10-15 minutes of Q&A.
7. Does ALA have a code of conduct for conferences?
Yes, see the Statement of Appropriate Conduct at ALA Conferences that all presenters and attendees are required to follow.
8. If my proposal is accepted, am I responsible for my own travel, accommodation, and registration fees?
Yes, all presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and registration fees.
9. Will the education programs be recorded?
Audio and video recordings of sessions, that we have permission to release, will be made available post-conference. An announcement will be made via email to all registrants.
Helpful Document Links